Opiates (Mecke) Test Kit
Use this kit to test for the presence of opiates (heroin, morphine, codeine) and other substances.
Our Opiate Test Kit contains what is also known as the “Mecke test”. It’s great for use in conjunction with our primary Ecstasy Test Kit, as a double check for Ecstasy (MDMA, MDA, MDE).
Additionally, this test reacts distinctly with DXM, which is used in cough suppressants, but too often sold as fake Ecstasy. The test will yield a yellow color with DXM instead of dark blue/black, which is what you’d expect with real Ecstasy.
A chart showing color reactions, as well as a multi-use testing vial, are also included with the kit.
Demo Video from our sister company.
Test Kit Includes:
- Testing fluid
- Color chart with instructions
- Multiple-use testing vial
TEST KIT INSTRUCTIONS
- Opiates (Heroin, Morphine, Codeine) turn from a green to a blueish color.
- If you’re using this test to screen for Ecstasy (MDMA), you should expect to see a green color quickly turn to dark blue/black within just a couple of seconds.
- Note: If you don’t store the bottle in a cold place like a freezer, the test liquid will darken over time. Even if the liquid appears completely black, you can still use the test on a white surface (like a ceramic plate). When testing, we recommend putting a drop beside the sample as well, so that you can compare colors.
- If your sample contains more than one substance that react with the reagent, both substances will react at the same time, yielding a blended color.
- It’s always better to test with multiple test liquids, such as the Marquis test, and the Mandelin test. If you can afford it, we highly recommend the Essential Test Kit (3-In-1).
- The testing vial that comes with the kit helps prevent your skin from contacting the reagent while testing. Extra testing vials are also great for when you’re on the go. But, using a white ceramic plate can help you see the results more easily.